Brochure Type: 2020 Europe & Britain Preview
Welcome to a land rich in Arab culture, natural wonders and sites so ancient that by comparison, the Crusader forts guarding the old trade routes are considered recent additions.
- Isfiya: Feast on local specialities in a private Druze home and hear about life in the village from one of its residents.
- Jordan: Enjoy complete convenience with all breakfasts and dinners included.
- Amman: Get to know your fellow travelers and Travel Director over a drink at your Welcome Reception.
- Amman: Enjoy tasting traditional Jordanian when you visit the Vait Khayra Souf for an authentic style lunch.
- Wadi Rum: Taste authentic Jordanian flavours as you experience a traditional desert dinner when you dine at the Ammarin Bedouin camp.
- Wadi Rum: Enjoy tea with the Bedouins at sunset and taste authentic Jordanian cuisine dine under the stars for your Zarb dinner.
- Amman: Toast to your adventures with your fellow travellers at a lively Celebration Dinner.
- Dining Summary: 4 Breakfasts (BB), 1 Dinner (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW), all with tea or coffee.
- Amman: Visit the Iraq Al Amir Women's Association supported by the TreadRight Foundation and engage in one of the many handicraft activities.
- Amman: During a city tour of Amman, visit the Citadel, the grand Roman Amphitheatre and the Archaeological Museum.
- Jerash: Feel like you have stepped 2,000 years back in time as your Travel Director guides you through this marvellous ancient metropolis - now the finest surviving example of a Greco-Roman city in the world!
- King's Way: Take in the beautiful scenery as you travel your way through the mountainous, winding landscape down a roadway that connects some of Jordan's most spectacular sights.
- Madaba: Guided by your Travel Director, admire the detail of the Madaba Map - a fascinating mosaic that is believed to be the earliest surviving map of the Holy land.
- Mount Nebo: Take in the astounding view of Moses' Promised Land, where the ruins are truly a site to behold.
- Petra: Explore the ancient and hidden 'rose-red' city, as you journey with your Travel Director, through the winding, dark passageway, between rock walls up to 200 metres high. See the Treasury and explore the Roman Amphitheatre and ancient tombs.
- Wadi Rum: Enjoy beautiful desert scenery as you make your way on a jeep safari deep into the heart of Wadi Rum's majestic desert.
- Shobak: Explore the Crusader fortress and see the Crusader chapel.
Call 800-749-7625 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14607924
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Amman||Arrive Amman.: The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan is a landscape that has changed little in 2,000 years. On arrival at Amman airport, you are transferred to your hotel to relax and settle in. Later, join your Travel Director for drinks and a Welcome Dinner. (Dinner with Wine)|
Amman Marriott Hotel.
|Day 2||Amman||Exploring Amman and Jerash.: Start your day with an Amman city tour, visiting the Citadel Hill, huge Roman Amphitheatre and Archaeological Museum. Depart for Iraq Al Amir, for a visit to the Women's Association to see the fantastic work they are doing providing training and work opportunities for women in the region. The Association is supported by Insight through The Treadright Foundation. Then, the journey to Jerash reveals the most beautifully preserved example of a Greco-Roman city still in existence. Enter through Hadrian's Arch, to explore the grand ruins of the Temples of Artemis and Zeus, where you can listen to the Whispering Column. Overlook the vast Oval Plaza and Cardo Maximus, the key Roman road. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
Amman Marriott Hotel.
|Day 3||Petra||Madaba, Mount Nebo and on to Petra.: Continue to Mount Nebo, one of the most revered holy sites of Jordan, where Moses stood and saw before him the Promised Land. At Madaba, visit the famous Greek Orthodox Church of St. George with its amazing 6th century mosaic map depicting the entire Holy Land, stretching from Jordan and Palestine in the north, to Egypt in the south. Then head south for one of the highlights of your journey: the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Petra, voted one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Petra Marriott Hotel.
|Day 4||Petra||Exploring the Lost City of Petra.: This day is devoted to the beautiful 'rose-red city, half as old as time'. You enter this lost city through a narrow gorge, the Siq, with walls that rise up to 200 metres. Emerge from the path to see the magnificent Treasury, carved out of solid rock and standing over 40 metres high. Wind your way through the canyon to explore the Roman Amphitheatre, which once seated 3,000 spectators, and the ancient tombs. Tonight, dine with locals at the Ammarin Camp. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
Petra Marriott Hotel.
|Day 5||Wadi Rum||Wadi Rum with the Bedouin.: Head to Wadi Rum - and the spectacular hospitality of the Bedouin on the backdrop of beautiful desert. Enjoy beautiful vistas as you make your way on a jeep safari deep into the heart of Wadi Rum's majestic desert. Dine with locals under the stars and stay in elegant simplicity in a desert camp for the night. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
Sun City Camp, Wadi Rum.
|Day 6||Amman||Shobak and Amman.: If you wish, start the day with sunrise yoga at the Bedouin camp. After breakfast, follow the King's Highway to visit Shobak, an authentic 12th century crusader fortress, perched on the side of a rocky mountain, standing guard over a barren and desolate land. Admire the towers and Arabic calligraphy on the external walls before discovering the original Crusader chapel, palace complex, and even a set of secret passages! Later, return to the Jordanian capital where you are at leisure. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
Amman Marriott Hotel.
|Day 7||Amman||Depart Amman.: After breakfast, you are transferred to Amman Airport for your onward flight. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: This is a 2020 Preview itinerary. Please refer to the Preview booking conditions page for full terms and conditions.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class