On this affordable Italy tour package, the town of Montecatini serves as your home base from which to venture out to explore the surrounding landscapes of breathtaking Tuscany and getting to know its culinary and wine traditions. You'll indulge in picturesque scenery, world-class local wines, traditional cuisine, and cultural discoveries. From the rolling hills of Montalbano to Vinci and beyond, we'll take you through bountiful vineyards, olive groves, and chestnut trees. You'll even visit the birthplace of Leonardo da Vinci to experience the Renaissance master's life and art.Traveling through some of the most stunning and lush natural landscapes in Italy, you'll embark to visit idyllic spots, including the gorgeous Chianti Valley and the Etruscan Coast. As you visit quaint wine shops, cafes, historic estates, and museums, you'll feel immersed in the history and traditions of each daily destination. In addition to sampling the local gourmet Tuscan fare, you'll also be treated to an Italian cooking lesson. You'll prepare an authentic Italian dish inside a rustic Tuscan farmhouse where you and your travel companions will enjoy your culinary creations - complete with master-chef prizes. You'll also learn the art of Italian dessert-making at your hotel and get to taste some of the celebrated Chianti and Supertuscan wines right where they are produced. You'll revel in the beauty of becoming familiar with a single destination of Montecatini while making priceless discoveries of locales that are off the beaten path - perfect for the smart, creative, and budget-minded traveler.
Call 800-749-7625 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14720911
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2020
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Montecatini||Check into your hotel. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers and enjoy a special welcome dinner. (D)|
|Day 2||Montecatini||This morning, head out into the lush, rolling landscape of the Montalbano hills. Pass terraced grape vineyards, olive groves, and chestnut trees on your way to the quaint village of Vinci, birthplace of Leonardo da Vinci. Here, learn all about the Renaissance master at the MUSEUM dedicated to his life and many areas of interest from painting, sculpting, and inventing, to anatomy, music, and cartography! Later, visit a BUTCHERY in a local village, followed by a generous tasting of cold cuts. Today's Distance: 112 mi/ 180 km (B,L)|
|Day 3||Montecatini||Cradled between the provinces of Florence and Siena, the Chianti Valley is the heart of Old Tuscany, and has been hailed for its exceptional wines since the 13th century. Your journey today takes you to Greve, with time to visit the village and to enjoy lunch at a charming wine shop. Complete the day with the visit of a HISTORIC TUSCAN ESTATE known for its Chianti wine production. Today's Distance: 124 mi/ 200 km (B,L)|
|Day 4||Montecatini||Enjoy a leisurely morning in Montecatini. Maybe go for a walk in the Parco delle Terme with its tall shady trees. Most of the afternoon is dedicated to the Italian cooking lesson at a rustic farmhouse in the Tuscan countryside. Once you arrive at the farm, enjoy a welcome drink, explore the orchard to pick some fresh ingredients, learn about Italy's most famous delicacies, and then roll up your sleeves for a fun, hands-on COOKING EXPERIENCE. This evening, relax with your traveling companions and savor the delectable dinner you prepared-maybe your team will win the master chef prize! (B,D)|
|Day 5||Montecatini||Visit Lucca, a stunning showcase of medieval architecture and layer upon layer of rich history and culture. Marvel at the beautiful art and tapestry collections at the baroque PALAZZO MANSI NATIONAL MUSEUM, then take a guided walking tour around the Old Town with its fine, intact Renaissance-era wall, cobblestone streets, and cafe-lined piazzas. A lively CAFE-CRAWL snack brunch is included, followed by a main course at a local restaurant. Then, your Local Guide will introduce you to the stunning ornamental gardens and grand arched ceilings of PALAZZO PFANNER. Today's Distance: 39 mi/ 62 km (B,L)|
|Day 6||Montecatini||Travel through the vineyard-dotted countryside and along cypress-lined Viale dei Cipressi for your grand entrance into enchanting Bolgheri. With its red-brick castle and atmospheric Old Town, it's not hard to imagine that Bolgheri jumped right off the pages of a storybook. There's time here to visit one of the WINE CELLARS that produce Bolgheri's celebrated Super Tuscan reds. First created in the 1980s, many wine experts believe these now rival French Bordeaux. Later, stop at nearby Castagneto Carducci, known for its splendid panoramic views of the Etruscan Coast. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant and the chance to sample the local LIQUEUR. Today's Distance: 186 mi/ 300 km (B,L)|
|Day 7||Montecatini||This morning is yours to do as you please. You could choose to explore more of the city on your own, to relax and shop for souvenirs, or to join an exciting optional excursion. This afternoon is dedicated to a BAKING CLASS at your hotel, focusing on the creation of cakes and desserts. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Montecatini||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $320No triple room reduction.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Cosmos Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Cosmos offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Cosmos in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Cosmos has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).