Brochure Type: 2021 Americas
Uncover the best of Eastern Canada and USA as you explore these diverse countries in a style and manner that suits you. From delicious regional delicacies such as maple syrup on Ile d'Orleans, to the sweeping skylines of New York City, you'll be taken aback by Canada's beauty and the US's revolutionary history. Top tip: Don't forget your raincoat as you board a cruise taking you up close to the thundering phenomenon that is Niagara Falls.
- Toronto: At 18:00, you'll meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner.
- New York: This evening, your local EatWith host will delight you with a home-cooked meal and immerse you in life in NYC.
- Ottawa: After learning French-Cuisine techniques from a professional, sit down and get a taste of the cooking demonstration with a three-course Dinner with wine.
- Ile d'Orleans: Enjoy lunch at a local sugar shack on the island and learn how maple syrup is created and harvested.
- Quebec: In the evening you'll choose from a selection of top local restaurants on a Dine-Around Evening.
- Acadia NP: The evening is saved for a delectable Highlight Dinner with your new friends, as you feast on authentic Maine lobster.
- Washington DC: Join your Travel Director and fellow guests for a Celebration Dinner and toast to new friends and fantastic memories.
- Dining Summary: 15 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) and 6 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Ottawa: Experience a cooking demonstration by C'est Bon Cooking master chefs using Canadian staples such as Maple Sugar, Haskaps, Labrador Tea, wild flowers and other foraged and harvested, seasonal ingredients.
- Niagara Falls: Board your cruise and greet the howling spray, wind and thunder at the base of the falls. Browse the shops and galleries of Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- Kingston: See the old buildings, churches and fortifications.
- Montreal: Join a Local Expert who will guide you around Old Montreal, Mount Royal, and the iconic Notre-Dame Basilica.
- Ile d'Orleans: Visit a fifth generation liquorist to learn all about black current farming and taste various back currant products.
- Quebec: Discover more of Quebec's unique European charm with a Local Expert. You'll see the Latin Quarter, Plains of Abraham, City Hall and Palace Royale, plus views of Chateau Frontenac.
- Acadia NP: Take in the natural beauty of Acadia National Park, with its dramatic rocky shoreline.
- Kennebunkport: Follow the rocky Maine shoreline, and stop in picturesque Kennebunkport.
- Boston: Join your Travel Director as they guide you along the Freedom Trail, a route that leads you to 16 historically significant sites.
- New York: Visit the Top of the Rock Observation Deck with stunning views of the New York skyline.
- New York: Explore the 'City that Never Sleeps' with your Local Expert.
- Philadelphia: Explore Independence National Historic Park and visit the Liberty Bell with your Travel Director.
- Washington, D.C.: Immerse yourself on a sightseeing tour and view the White House, the striking Washington Monument, sprawling National Mall, the Lincoln Memorial and the World War II Memorial.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call 800-749-7625 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15110441
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 16 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Toronto||Thrilling Toronto.: Welcome to Toronto, a vibrant city on Lake Ontario, full of fine restaurants, bars and a unique mix of cultures. On arrival at Toronto International Airport, a transfer will take you to your hotel. You'll meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner with wine at 18:00. (Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 2||Toronto||Toronto and the Thundering Falls of Niagara.: Travel up University Avenue to see Queen's Park and the Parliament Buildings, before venturing on to spectacular Niagara Falls. View this great natural wonder up-close on a cruise to the base of the falls. Browse quaint Niagara-on-the-Lake before returning to Toronto. (Breakfast)|
|Day 3||Ottawa||Kingston and Ottawa.: Journey to historic Kingston, otherwise known as the Limestone City and view the old buildings, churches and fortifications, with many of them being constructed from limestone itself. Continue to the Canadian capital of Ottawa where you'll join a cooking demonstration at C'est Bon. Set in their state-of-the-art kitchen facilities close to ByWard Market, you'll learn new culinary skills and more about local cuisine. Ingredients include Canadian staples such as maple sugar, haskaps, labrador tea and wild flowers. End the experience with a delicious three-course dinner with wine, before heading back to your hotel, the Hilton Lac-Leamy. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hilton Lac-Leamy, Gatineau-Ottawa.
|Day 4||Montreal||Canada's Capital to Montreal.: Get ready for an exciting morning exploring Ottawa, with a tour of the city's stately boulevards, before heading to the diverse metropolis of Montreal, which is in the French-speaking province of Quebec. (Breakfast)|
Montreal Marriott Chateau Champlain.
|Day 5||Montreal||Montreal, the Royal Mountain.: Today you'll join a Local Expert who will guide you around Old Montreal, the grand mansions of Mount Royal, and the iconic Notre-Dame Basilica. The rest of the day is free to enjoy as you please. (Breakfast)|
|Day 6||Quebec||Ile d'Orleans and the walled City of Quebec.: Depart Montreal and head to Quebec City today. Cross the bridge to spellbinding Ile d'Orleans, a rural wonderland of small-scale farms, orchards, wineries and culinary artisans. Enjoy lunch at a local sugar shack on the island and learn how maple syrup is created and harvested. Visit a fifth generation liquorist to learn all about black current farming and taste various back currant products. The rest of the day is yours and your hotel is right inside the ramparts of Old Town. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
Hotel Manoir Victoria, Quebec City.
|Day 7||Quebec||Quintessential Quebec.: Discover more of Quebec's unique European charm with a Local Expert, who will guide you along the city's quaint cobblestone streets. You'll see the Latin Quarter, Plains of Abraham, City Hall and Palace Royale. You'll also walk past the Citadel, which offers great view of the city and Chateau Frontenac. In the evening you'll choose from a selection of top local restaurants on a Dine-Around Evening. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 8||Bar Harbor||Quebec to Bar Harbor.: Bid 'Au Revoir' to Quebec City as you cross the U.S. border and travel toward Mount Desert Island on the Atlantic Coast. A tranquil getaway, this large island comes with freshwater lakes, rugged clifftops, forests and striking mountains. Make the most of the tranquil setting at your hotel, which is situated on the island itself. (Breakfast)|
Harborside Hotel, Spa & Marina, Bar Harbor.
|Day 9||Acadia National Park||Explore Acadia National Park.: Take in the natural beauty of Acadia National Park, with its dramatic rocky shoreline and rugged nautical charm. You'll witness amazing views of the park from the top of Cadillac Mountain, while guests wanting to explore on foot can join their Travel Director to view well known spots such as Thunder Hole. You'll have time to explore Bar Harbor on your own. Stop for an ice cream or head to the bustling souvenir stores to stock up on some holiday treats. The evening is saved for a delectable Highlight Dinner with your new friends, as you feast on authentic Maine lobster, a local specialty and one that won't disappoint. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 10||Boston||Coastal New England to Boston.: Follow the rocky Maine shoreline, stopping in picturesque Kennebunkport, a glitzy, New England resort town and the iconic home of the Bush family. The town has a number of fine, well-preserved mansions, many of which have been turned into pretty inns. (Breakfast)|
Hyatt Regency Boston.
|Day 11||Boston||Boston, the Cradle of Liberty.: Famous for its American Revolutionary war history, Boston is a place for keen history buffs. Join your Travel Director as they guide you along the Freedom Trail, a route that leads you to 16 historically significant sites, including Old State House and the meeting house where the Boston Tea Party of 1773 was planned. The rest of your day is at leisure. Perhaps take a stroll to Downtown Crossing or historic Faneuil Hall. For foodies looking for treats, head to Boston's North End. With its large Italian community, this part of town houses some of the best Italian bakeries in the city, as lines of shoppers circle the block to get their hands on fresh canolis and other treats. (Breakfast)|
|Day 12||New York||A Bite of the Big Apple.: Follow the bright lights to New York City. Visit the Top of the Rock Observation Deck with stunning views of the New York skyline. Your hotel is in the heart of Midtown and a short, 10-minute walk from the United Nations Headquarters and just steps away from Grand Central Terminal and the Chrysler Building. This evening, your local EatWith host will delight you with a home-cooked meal and immerse you in life in NYC. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Renwick Hotel, New York City.
|Day 13||New York||A Manhattan Masterpiece.: Explore the City that Never Sleeps with your Local Expert, before heading out on your own. If it's tranquillity you're after, relish the calm of Central Park, an expansive space designed by renowned landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted. (Breakfast)|
|Day 14||Washington, DC||Liberty in Philadelphia and D.C.: Travel to Pennsylvania's largest city, Philadelphia, where the Liberty Bell first chimed and Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence. Explore Independence National Historic Park and visit the Liberty Bell with your Travel Director. Journey to Washington, D.C., the nation's capital. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure. Perhaps join an optional Illuminations Tour in the evening before spending the night at the luxurious Fairmont Washington D.C. Georgetown. (Breakfast)|
Fairmont Washington D.C. Georgetown.
|Day 15||Washington, DC||Washington, D.C. Sightseeing and Leisure Time.: In the morning, immerse yourself on a sightseeing tour and delve into the proud heritage of a nation. View the White House, the striking Washington Monument, and sprawling National Mall. Reflect on the country's most turbulent days at the Lincoln Memorial and the World War II Memorial. The rest of the day is at leisure. Join your Travel Director and fellow guests for a Celebration Dinner and toast to new friends and fantastic memories. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 16||Washington, DC||Depart Washington, D.C.: A morning transfer will take you to Dulles International Airport or Reagan National Airport for your flight home. Alternatively, extend your stay at your own pleasure. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class